La Z Boy Pawl & Pawl Rack Set
Out of stock
A Genuine La Z Boy Pawl Sub Assembly and Pawl Rack replacement set of parts. Compatible with both the USA and international models of La Z Boy rocker recliners and swivel armchairs. If your Lazy Boy recliner is intermittently dropping down a few notches or will not maintain elevation then these are the parts you need to fix the issue. Fix Your Chair Ratcheting Down Without Warning! Is the pawl cap missing or the pawl rack teeth blunt? If so replace these two parts together and be reclining in comfort once again! You Can Do It Yourself and Save $$$ Easy fitting in under 20 minutes with no experience required. read more
Genuine La Z Boy Spare Part For Both USA & International Models.
This is a genuine La Z Boy replacement spare part, and is compatible with all USA & international models and versions of the La Z Boy & Jason rocker recliner chairs. Also compatible with La Z Boy swivel chairs.
Use these parts to fix the ratcheting system! Both parts are produced to exact factory specifications using high quality all metal and painted in black to prevent rust. The Pawl is assembled with the tension spring, pin and star washer, the pawl rack has the bolt holes already threaded to accept the original bolts.
Official La Z Boy Part Numbers
Pawl sub assembly 42970099-00
Pawl rack 12001026-00
As these parts have been produced for many years in different factories across the world there are likely different part numbers and names for these parts. If your broken chair parts visually match these then they will fit!
Lowest Prices on La Z Boy Spares From Sofa Rehab
We’re Australia’s leading supplier with access to the La Z Boy manufacturer. We supply all Repair Kits and Spare Parts. Get the lowest prices on DIY repairs and if your a trades person who needs to buy in bulk, we also offer bulk buy discounts.
Save Time & Money and Do It Yourself
With our wide range of repair products, our easy step-by-step instructions and video tutorials, you’ve got everything you need to repair it yourself. Feel great about having done the repair yourself and saved $$$ on the repair.
Make – La Z Boy
Model – Universal
LZB P/N –1 x Pawl sub assembly Part number 42970099-00 and 1 x Pawl rack Part number 12001026-00
Material – Metal
Colour – Black
**As these parts have been produced by La z boy as true global manufacturer for many years they could be known by different part numbers and names. So if your chair parts visually look like this set then it will likely fit.
- Lay down a drop sheet on the floor in front of the recliner chair.
- Carefully turn the recliner over on its front side to gain access to the recliner underneath, please remember safe lifting techniques.
- Remove the rocker base via the screws. If the base has rocker springs use wedges to keep the correct spring width whilst removing and reinstalling the base.
- Next twist the timber base to unhook the pawl from the release link bar.
- Then remove the original pawl from the timber base via the 2 torx head screws.
- Position the replacement pawl on the timber base and reinstall the 2 torx screws into the same original holes.
- Next remove the front board upholstery cover to reveal the pawl rack torx bolts located underneath the covering.
- Remove the 3 torx bolts and pawl rack.
- Position the replacement rack against the board and reinstall the 3 torx bolts, we recommend you partially install the top torx bolt first and then fully install the bottom 2 bolts next and then return to the top bolt and complete the install.
- Reattach the upholstery covering.
- Then using the timber base and hook on the pawl release link bar to the new pawl and position the timber base next to the rocker springs and then reinstall the torx bolts to secure the base to the rocker spring assemblies.
- Carefully turn the recliner back over on to its base, again please remember safe lifting techniques.
- Try out the chair to confirm the ratchet system now functions correctly.
Thank you for making an effort to leave a reivew but to protect against spam we only accept reviews from verified owners. Please proceed to login using the same email address you used when ordering the product.
Why does my La z boy keep dropping down?
Its likely that the metal pawl cap is loose or missing completely, this will cause the rack teeth to go blunt and loose grip. You will need to replace both the pawl and pawl rack assembly to fix the issue.
Is this a genuine part?
Yes, We purchase these parts from the official La z boy factory, so you can be assured of quality and compatibility with your furniture.
How do I replace these parts?
Please see the 'How to' instructions located on our main page.
How do I know this is the correct part for my chair?
1, Check under your chair to see if your pawl cap is missing or loose.
2, Again check if your chair has the same looking parts as this product picture.
3, Reach our to us via FB messenger, email or telephone to ask one of our skilled technical team members.
Why can't my La z boy recline?
There are few reasons why the chair may not recline, one might be the pawl cap and rack are faulty, the tension spring has dislodged or handle has broken. Why not send us pictures for further help!
My part number is different will this work?
If your parts visually look the same then this set will be compatible.
I could not be happier! I thought that my couch was beyond saving but now it looks great. So easy to use, I wish I had done it much sooner.Meghan Smith
Had Sofa Rehab recommended to me by a repairer as I had a broken handle on my old recliner. They had all the dimensions on their website, so that I could ensure I was getting the right size. Well priced and speedy delivery and very easy to install. Couldn't be happier.Ian Lambley
Needed transformer for our Plush sofa (Plush couldn't supply one for 3 weeks!) left a message with Sofa Rehab and was contacted that day, very helpful. Transformer arrived a day later; very happy as sofa now working fine and impressed with service, delivery and advice.Angela Comben
Great service!! Order new controller for lift chair on Saturday morning and received it on Tuesday!! Will certainly recommend this company.Sheila Hardcastle
The product is the same as the original. Easy to install and great fast service from Sofa Rehab. The coiled plastic on the original part was disintegrating exposing the wires and now with the new control part the chair is as good as new!!Narelle Carlson