Dewert Recliner Switch Replacement
Commonly fitted to the outer arm of electric recliner chairs and sofas. Aesthetically pleasing solid quality design and offers a discreet appearance. Our sleek, robust and compact oval 2 button power recliner switch fits most recliner chairs and sofas.
Power Recliner Replacement Buttons
Model Number Pure 53996. This Okin electric recliner toggle switch is universal in fitment meaning it can be installed either side of a power recliner chair, sofa or corner lounge. Not only suited to Dewert electric recliners this great quality replacement power recliner 2 button switch is suitable for Kaidi and many other brands like HTL electric recliner lounges.
We're Australia's Leading Supplier of Recliner Chair Spare Parts
We’re Australia’s leading supplier for repair kits and spare parts. Get the lowest prices on DIY repairs and if your a trades person who needs to buy in bulk, we also offer bulk buy discounts.
Save Time & Money and Do It Yourself
Easy fitting in under 15 minutes with no experience required. The only tool required is a screwdriver.
Model – Pure 53996
Switch Dimensions – W 79mm x H 34mm x D28mm. (Approximately)
Plug – 90 Degree 5 pin din plug.
Cable Length (Inc Plug) – 1490mm.
Colour – Dark Tungsten effect.
Material – Metal.
- Unplug all power to the recliner and remove the mains plug from the wall socket.
- Lay down a drop sheet on the floor in front of the recliner chair.
- Prise off the plastic outer screw cover off to expose the 2 screws.
- Remove the screws and then pull out the switch casing to allow it to hang freely by its cable.
- Carefully turn the recliner over on its front side to gain access to the recliner wiring underneath.
- Locate where the original cabling currently fits and make notes of how it’s routed (recommended to take a photo).
- Cut and remove any cable ties holding the switch in place then unplug it from the actuator motor.
- You should be able to remove fully the broken switch from the recliner.
- Feed the replacement switch through the outside arm plug first until the switch housing is snug into the arm hole.
- Secure any free cabling into the same position as the original using cable ties, be sure to check the cable is not caught up and not too tight or at risk of being trapped during motion.
- Carefully turn the recliner back over to the standing position.
- Angle the switch rotation first and then work on screwing in the 2 housing screws for the toggle switch.
- Put the plastic switch cover back on to hide the screws.
- Reconnect the power and switch it on.
- Test the replacement toggle switch by operating the recliner to its maximum opening and closed position. When fully open, look inside to see that the cabling is safely out of harms way and is not stretched or pinched.
Thank you for making an effort to leave a reivew but to protect against spam we only accept reviews from verified owners. Please proceed to login using the same email address you used when ordering the product.
Will this work my recliner?
This switch is suitable for electric recliners with a single footrest motors, you will also need to check your actuator accepts a 5 pin round din plug.
Will the switch suit left and right sides of the recliner?
Yes, you may need to rotate the switch 180 degrees to ensure the buttons are the correct way round. I.E front button to open and rear button to close etc.
My switch has another number, will this switch still work?
Yes, other numbers are variations of the same switch, the numbers relate to left and right sides, cable length etc. They will still work though.
Is this switch easy to fit ?
Yes, very simple and no experience is required. See our "How to " tab for detailed step by step instructions.
Product was great, covered up the faded part on my leather chair and blended in so well couldn't see where I had applied it. Company very efficient with order and postageRosalie Osborne
I was completely blown away by the excellent service. Perfect product delivered very quickly. My enquiry was responded to immediately and professionally.I'm a very happy customer and highly recommend Sofa Rehab.Kenneth Rule
Great service. Very happy with my phone call being returned promptly. Within a few minutes of the parcel being delivered, the transformer was plugged in and everything worked perfectly. Many thanks.Lorraine Muller
Really great service, measuring for replacement part made ordering so easy. Very prompt service. Thank you for saving me from having to replace my recliners.Val Porter
Paid a professional cleaner to clean my leather lounge. He did a lousy job. Didn't look any different. This cleaner pack provided everything I needed to do it myself. It lifted dirt & grime easily. Super happy with result, looks brand new!Layna